How to write a Press Release
Sending press releases to media is considered an important marketing method commonly employed by many businesses and internet firms very often.
A very well crafted press release if picked up by a journalist can bring enormous free publicity to you through broadcast media and other outlets. Often many people have been invited to TV shows and radio interviews.
You dont need to be a expert write to draft a press release. It can be very easy to write if you just follow few tips while writing a press release and it wouldnt cost you a penny.
- Important Tips
- Sample News Release Format
• Press releases are not like sales letters promoting products. It should only be written keeping news readers and general public in mind.
• Do not write press release titles in CAPITAL LETTERS. It just irritates news readers and many moderators wouldnt approve such releases. Do you know that writing in CAPS considered as SHOUTING
• Get a catchy title and it should grab attention to readers immediately. It should be short and one line only
• It is very important to publish your contact address and phone so that any journalist could get in touch with you. With the contact info, your press release will lose credibility and will be rejected by many PR distribution websites.
• Dont post junk content or write spam.
• Never use excessive keyword stuffed links as it will degrade the quality of your release and confuse users with links.
Sample Press Release Format
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: (date)
(Example: XYZ Inc announces launch of new website <>)
Description: (optional) This is a very short description about the press release. some distribution sites will ask for this.
[CITY], [STATE],[Date] – [This is the opening paragraph. It should contain about 3-5 lines and considered most important since this catches attention of news readers and journalists. Typically questions for questions of who, what, when, where and why answered here. Keep it short and highlight what’s whole release is all about.]
[This paragraph goes into little depth. Give more details of product or any events taking place. This should contain about 2 comments made by spokespersons. For example, Mr. XXX said “xxxx”.]
[This paragraph focus on where users can find detailed information about product or events. Give a contact or website site for more information so that more additional information can be found. This paragraph should be concluded within 3-5 lines]
[The conclusive paragraph is known the “boilerplate” and can contain no more than 2-3 lines. A short “about” section, providing independent background on the issuing company, organization, or individual. Here you should explain future aspects, your or aim in meeting the current market or success. In general what you intend to do achieve.]
(This mark lets the reader know that it is the end of the article.)
[Editors Note: optional]